Welcome to my blog!

My friend Abigail inspired me to blog; as computer-savvy as I might be, I have never ventured into this realm!
What a great way to keep friends and family who live far away closer to us...we miss you all!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mushy

Another sweet Maggie moment for the blog; she has always loved Mike's beard (as I do!). She got very upset as a two year old when he decided he would shave it off...he has done this only three times in the whole 8 years I have known him. She wailed and he hasn't shaved it since. She says it's nice when it's "mushy"; this is usually the point at which it starts to drive him crazy, and he starts talking about going for a trim. So today is trim day, and we feel we have to prepare her for it by telling her in advance - maybe we should just try the surprise factor next time. So she had her usual meltdown, "but Daddy, it won't be mushy anymore!!". Mike, professional distractor that he is, retorted with, "well you tell me how much I should get cut off so it will still be mushy", to which Maggie replied, "well, maybe just one cross of the shave, that would be ok...but if you do 18 crosses on the next shave it won't be mushy until my birthday!". (???) Sometimes 4 year olds don't make much sense, but it was cute, anyway.

Wonder if Noah will develop a similar attachment to Mike's facial hair...

1 comment: