Welcome to my blog!

My friend Abigail inspired me to blog; as computer-savvy as I might be, I have never ventured into this realm!
What a great way to keep friends and family who live far away closer to us...we miss you all!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hips

"Hips" - the nickname Michael had as a youngster; a parody as he has no hips to speak of...if there were no such thing as belts, Mike would have to wear spandex a lot more (wait, not that he does wear spandex!). Anyway, anyone who has spent any time around Maggie knows what a problem this girl has with keeping her pants up, and we're always saying aloud that she is like her Dad; she has "no hips".

This morning, we were enjoying a family snuggle in our bed, and Noah pushed her with his foot, and she said, "Mom, Noah kicked me in my hip", to which I replied my usual, "I'm sure he didn't mean to, honey, he doesn't really have great control of his actions yet"...she giggled and said, "oh, right, he couldn't kick me there because I don't have any hips!".

We had to explain that she does, in fact, have hips (pointing out her hipbones), it's just that they're small, like Daddy's (instead of a bit bigger, like Mama's!!). We laughed and laughed....

More photos coming this week, as I'll have to download the camera before we head out on holiday...

L.

1 comment: