Welcome to my blog!

My friend Abigail inspired me to blog; as computer-savvy as I might be, I have never ventured into this realm!
What a great way to keep friends and family who live far away closer to us...we miss you all!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Belly Laugh

I had the most wonderful experience today; sharing a true belly laugh moment with my four year old! We were checking out the newly relocated, revamped, reopened Madison Children's Museum - which was GREAT - we were in our car getting ready to leave, when she spotted the mannequins in the window. This is a "dress-up" spot where you can dress the mannequins in the window. These particular mannequins happen to be headless...she asked why they didn't have heads. Did anyone out there ever notice that four year olds ask a lot of questions?? I told her they didn't really need heads, to which she replied, "But where do you put the hats?". Of course, she had me there. Then she asked, "Wait, why does THAT one have a head?". She pointed to a man (a real man) standing in the window with his back to us. I said, "Well, honey, that's a real man...". She had not realized that real people could also be standing in the window....well, guess you had to be there...but we laughed and laughed at her innocent mistake...it was hilarious. Then she wanted to keep it going, so she would point at people standing on the sidewalk as we drove by, and ask, "Why does that one have a head, Mommy?", and then laugh hysterically to herself.


Maggie's favourite game lately is "Packing for Pretend College"; makes me a bit melancholy that she's training already for this! My hope is she stays home and lives here and goes to UW Madison...but I guess I should prepare myself that she may just want to get away from here [me] when she reaches that age...sigh. This play comes from watching Blue's Clues episode Steve Goes to College; she is loving that show right now. We had to get her her own little spiral notebook just like Steve (and Joe) so she could follow along and draw the clues herself. She's a very inquisitive little girl, and I love it!

A recent pic of Maggie...feel like I should be posting more pictures for everyone!! Just managed to find the time to download the camera recently - sorry! This is from the Middleton ArtFest last weekend; incidentally the first time Maggie has ever had her face painted! She picked a cat, of course! This is followed by a very recent picture of Noah with his Dad...he's such a Daddy's boy; he really gets out of sorts when Mike is away.




1 comment:

  1. I wish I could've heard that Maggie belly laugh! Sweet!

    I love the pics---I need to more photos on our blog, too. We've just been having too much fun and not enough blogging time.

    Can't wait to go the newly renovated Children's Museum next time we visit---I was bummed it was closed for most of the time we lived there.

    Tell Maggie she can go to a different UW---how about University of Washington in Seattle!?!

    ReplyDelete