Welcome to my blog!

My friend Abigail inspired me to blog; as computer-savvy as I might be, I have never ventured into this realm!
What a great way to keep friends and family who live far away closer to us...we miss you all!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

First Time Blogger

Is that what you call someone who "blogs"? And when did this word become both noun and verb? Seriously, I feel so techno-old these days.

On to some content...my other inspiration for blogging has been all of the funny things that our adorable 4 year old daughter, Maggie, comes out with! Today I heard Mike ask her if she wanted Cheerios for "first" breakfast (she grazes, so refers to everything she eats in the mornings as first, second, third breakfast...). She told him that she already had Cheerios with her early morning tea party. "OK, would you like Alphabits, then?", replied Mike. Maggie: "No, they're just Cheerios all stretched out into letters, and I already had Cheerios!"

Last night we were taking a drive out to Sun Prairie and she said, "Dad, I think I can see Grandfather Mountain!" (this is a mountain in Banner Elk, NC, where her grandfather grew up, and we have a photo of it in our dining room). I told her that NC was a far plane ride away, so she probably couldn't see Grandfather Mountain from here, to which she replied, "Well I can, Mom, 'cause I have these good blue eyes".

My children are a constant source of joy to me, and I'm really cherishing this time I have with them. Noah continues to grow well (despite his newly diagnosed reflux); he's almost 14 lbs now. I'll post a photo or two soon - that's this month's job (after breastfeeding, parenting, painting, and more painting); digital photo organization!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so happy I could be a blogging inspiration. :)

    I love it that you've started this fun blog and I love how Maggie is like a little Hobbit with her first, second, and third breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding you to my Google Reader, by the way, so I can see when your latest post pops up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I do that?? Never heard of Google Reader; I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete